Truck-mounted crane: 4 operation ways
The operation of the truck-mounted crane mainly includes 4 operation modes: down operation, middle position operation, high altitude operation, and remote control operation. It can be said that each has its own strengths and weaknesses.
1. The meaning of the four operation modes of truck crane
A. Downward operation (as shown in the figure above): In addition to remote operation, all cranes under 5 tons adopt the downward operation mode. The downward operation is on the ground through the operation valve to control the expansion, rotation, luffing and other actions of the boom, both left and right Operation, a remote control throttle is installed next to the operating valve, which is convenient for controlling the lifting speed.
B. High-altitude operation (as shown in the picture above): It is mostly used on the 6.3-ton to 16-ton crane. It is installed on the crane column. The high-altitude seat can be adjusted. There is a lifting parameter table at a conspicuous position next to the seat, so you can know the lifting at any time It is equipped with a remote throttle to control the lifting speed. The 16-ton crane is also equipped with an electronic display to observe the lifting weight at any time.
C. Middle operation (as shown in the picture above): The middle operation is generally installed next to the turntable on the side of the main driver and cannot be rotated with the column. It is the same as the high-altitude operation structure, but the installation position is different, and this operation method is relatively rare.
D. Remote control operation (pictured above): The remote control operation is to control the telescopic, rotating, and luffing movements of the boom through the wireless remote control, which is carried on the body. In addition to the most basic operation buttons, the remote control is also equipped with a remote throttle. Emergency stop button etc.
2. Comparison of four operation modes of truck-mounted crane
A. Next operation
- Advantages: low maintenance cost, the left and right sides of the vehicle can be operated, the operation position can be changed at any time when lifting goods in different positions, and it is relatively close to the lifting object, when small lifting, it is more convenient to hang the hook;
- Disadvantages: Generally, the height of the cargo box to the ground is about 2 meters, the line of sight is blocked during operation, and it is impossible to accurately observe the surrounding situation;
B. High altitude operations
- Advantages: high-altitude operation, wide field of vision, can clearly observe the surrounding environment, ensure the safety of lifting and surrounding pedestrians, vehicles, and the large tonnage crane is equipped with an electronic display device, which can observe the lifting weight at any time;
- Disadvantages: It is troublesome to go up and down through pedestrian ladders. When lifting goods, one person is required to perform special operations and one person to direct below.
C. Medium operation
- Advantage: Installed in the lower part of the column, it is not high for people who are afraid of heights, and it does not need to stand on the ground for a long time to operate;
- Disadvantages: Can not rotate with the column, can only be fixed in one position to observe the surrounding environment.
D. Remote control operation
- Advantage: 200m range can be operated by wireless remote control, safe operation, good observation of the surrounding environment, one person can complete the whole lifting operation process, saving manpower and saving cost.
- Disadvantages: The wireless remote control can only control the boom, but cannot control the hydraulic outrigger. On the other hand, the wireless remote control is expensive, maintenance costs are high, and repair parts are hard to find.
Each operation method has its own advantages and disadvantages. At present, small truck-mounted cranes below 6.3 tons basically use bottom operation, and those with more than 6.3 tons to 16 tons use top operation. Middle operation and remote control operation are usually based on user needs.